Watergarden Inn at the Bay is right downtown, just around the corner from Beach Drive and St. Petersburg’s waterfront parks, museums, restaurants and marinas. A relaxed, small town feel with big time events, museums and dining.Walk to miles of waterfront parks, the largest municipal marina in Florida and one of the prettiest downtown waterfronts in the country. Or, take a ferry to the beach.
Art and Culture : Just a few of the choices
• New Salvador Dali Museum
• St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts just around the corner
• Chihuly Glass Art Exhibit half a block away
• Mahaffey Theatre- home of the Florida Orchestra
• Demens Landing –waterfront venue with musical Shakespeare performances
Special Events: With its large waterfront parks, downtown St Petersburg is the “go to” place for special events in the region, including:
• Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
• Mailsail Arts festival
• Blues Fest (also Ribfest, Funk Fest, International Folk Fest, etc.)
• St. Anthony’s Triathlon
• Saturday morning market, Thursday night films in the park.
Sports and Recreation
• Rent a small boat or charter a yacht. Go on a sunset or half day cruise, or just fish from the pier. All a short walk from the Inn. Charter fishing a short drive away.
• Miles of waterfront - great for jogging, in-line skating, bicycling, or strolling
• Everyday Florida Fun: beautiful beaches, boating, fishing, golf, tennis, swimming, shuffleboard, horse racing and much more.
Restaurants & Shopping
• Beach Drive restaurants & shopping 1/2 block away - Dine outdoors overlooking the parks & bay
• The new Sundial shopping center & movie theaters - 1 1/2 blocks
• St Petersburg Trolley - 75 cents gets you all around downtown on the Looper, or the Central Avenue Shuttle takes you up Central Avenue to Tropicana Field, more galleries, and fun restaurants.