Watergarden Inn at the Bay is right downtown, just around the corner from Beach Drive and St. Petersburg’s waterfront parks, museums, restaurants and marinas. A relaxed, small town feel with big time events, museums and dining.
- Walk to miles of waterfront parks, the largest municipal marina in Florida and one of the prettiest downtown waterfronts in the country. Or, take a ferry to the beach.
Art and Culture : Just a few of the choices
• New Salvador Dali Museum
• St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts just around the corner
• Chihuly Glass Art Exhibit half a block away
• Mahaffey Theatre- home of the Florida Orchestra
• Demens Landing –waterfront venue with musical Shakespeare performances
Special Events: With its large waterfront parks, downtown St Petersburg is the “go to” place for special events in the region, including:
• Grand Prix of St. Petersburg - the first race of the Indycar season
• Mailsail Arts festival
- • Blues Fest (also Ribfest, Funk Fest, International Folk Fest, etc.)
• St. Anthony’s Triathlon
• Saturday morning market, Thursday night films in the park.
Sports and Recreation
• Rent a small boat or charter a yacht. Go on a sunset or half day cruise, or just fish from the pier. All a short walk from the Inn. Charter fishing a short drive away.
• Miles of waterfront - great for jogging, in-line skating, bicycling, or strolling
• Everyday Florida Fun: beautiful beaches, boating, fishing, golf, tennis, swimming, shuffleboard, horse racing and much more.
Restaurants & Shopping
• Beach Drive restaurants & shopping 1/2 block away - Dine outdoors overlooking the parks & bay
• The new Sundial shopping center & movie theaters - 1 1/2 blocks
• St Petersburg Trolley - 75 cents gets you all around downtown on the Looper, or the Central Avenue Shuttle takes you up Central Avenue to Tropicana Field, more galleries, and fun restaurants.